FARM CREW MEMBERS
Bear Roots Farm is a fast paced diversified vegetable farm sitting on 355 acres of
woods, fields and rolling pastures. We cultivate 12 acres of diversified vegetables and
perennial crops. We grow all year with a focus on shoulder seasons and the winter
months. Our vegetables are sold at our retail store, through our year round CSA, and
several wholesale accounts.
We have been farming for over 10 years and have an established crop rotation between
2 properties with 60+ acres in cover crops. Our focus is on building soil and organic
matter while reducing pest and disease in a multi-year rotation of cover crops.
We are currently seeking additional farm workers for the 2021 season. Both part & full-time positions available.
Farm tasks included in this role are:
• Harvesting annual vegetables and perennial fruits for CSA and wholesale
• Washing/Packing out CSA shares for 125 members
• Transplanting in field as well as high tunnels
• Seeding in greenhouse
• Weeding and cultivating in field and high tunnels as needed
• Watering in the greenhouse and high tunnels
• Assisting with basic farm projects
• Tractor work (spreading, cultivating, fork lift, tillage). Experience not a
• Hardworking, positive, reliable, self-motivated
• Prior vegetable production experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Fast-paced, ability to maintain speed
• Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
Pay $15/hour. Farm produce and 30-minute paid lunch is included in compensation. Schedule Monday-Friday 7-3:30PM. Possibility of year-round position for right candidate but regular season is April-mid-November.
To apply please submit a brief letter of intent, resume, and three job related references to